Heating & Cooling Services
Heating and Cooling
We service all models of furnaces, heat pumps, heaters, air conditioners, and thermostats. And, at Redfield AC Heating & Heat Pumps we do it with a flair for the personal. We are here to work with you for your maintenance or repair needs. We favor repairing your existing equipment over expensive or unnecessary replacements.
AC Furnace Repair: $169.50 and up
Usually, a service call takes an hour minimum but averages about 1 hour and 30 minutes up to 2 hours. Refrigerant and parts are extra. We do not encourage anyone with little or no experience to buy or provide parts. We cannot warranty any part we do not sell. We cannot verify what parts you may have will be like original nor how they may perform.
If you have an old R22 refrigerant the only way to be sure any new refrigerant will perform at its best is to:
- Recover all your old refrigerant
- Weigh the recovered amount
- Make sure the oil will return as it did with the original refrigerant
- Replace with the new type refrigerant
- If the old refrigerant charge was low, how long does a charge last?
- If the system is over 8 years old & leaking with no signs of leaks, it's time to add a stop leak additive or replace the system.
- Beware some additives could cause internal issues with refrigerant flow. A new dryer and a good vacuum will reduce this risk but it may not prevent it.
- The only sure way to stop a leak is to find it and fix it or come up with what makes sense about a leak. Test the separate components to decide what needs to be replaced.
- Leak tests take anywhere from 1 to 10 days usually on the shorter side of 4 days.
While under pressure test, the system cannot be used. It is favorable to recharge the system then in cooler weather in fall/winter do the leak test and make the needed repairs. Yes, it costs more but it's comfortable in the heat when the system loses refrigerant that is more expensive. And it never ends. I'd be willing to discuss options after knowing where your problem is or is not located. You will be able to make an informed decision.
Maintenance & Repairs
Ice Machine Repair
Refrigerator and Freezer Repair
I'd Rather Fix It, Than Replace It
Major Appliance Repairs
Washers/ Dryers, Refrigerators and Oven Ranges
Diagnostic fees $169.50 up to $229.50 on electronic controlled computer appliances. Total service call and labor. Plus parts
Parts & Installation Extra
Call for Details